[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A question

Look, jt, I want to see where Dylan applications are being applied and used.
I'm not interested in plonking down my hard-earned money, especially after
plonking it down to Harlequin once before, to buy a language that is not
used.  You call my comments vacuous?  I conceed the point.  Your trivialize
my experience? That is your perogative.

Now, answer the question - in what way is Dylan used outside the realm of
"hobby pursuit?"

Serious eniugh now?

Thanks,

Steve

jt <gkt37@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message
387F40B0.E7BB99F0@dial.pipex.com">news:387F40B0.E7BB99F0@dial.pipex.com...

> "Stephen J. Guthrie" wrote:
>
> > No, not necessarily.  I spent four years in an Airborne Infantry
battalion
> > in Germany.  We patrolled the border between Czechoslovakia and West
> > Germany, when we weren't running around "hut-hutting".   Wargames?  No,
> > don't think I am interested in the games.  Wargame theory?  Well, slap
my
> > mouth and call  me Von Neuman;-).
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > Michael T. Richter <mtr@ottawa.com> wrote in message
> > X_6f4.35$Va2.39@198.235.216.4">news:X_6f4.35$Va2.39@198.235.216.4...
> > > Stephen J. Guthrie <steve.guthrie@mantissa.com> wrote in message
> > > qf5f4.13114$Ce.319400@monger.newsread.com">news:qf5f4.13114$Ce.319400@monger.newsread.com...
> >

> The application is irrelevant.
> My first personal use of dylan will be to write a game. So sneer at that.
If I
> told you that it might be for commercial purposes would it suddenly become
more
> worthy? My first app could just have easily been either a report generator
or an
> experimental preprocessor for delphi.  Are these more noble?
>
> The only things you (Mr. Guthrie) need to know are,
> - is the application, whatever it may be, of a size and complexity to make
> comparisons with your work relevant?
> and
> - if so, how well does dylan assist in managing that complexity.
>

> >I bring twenty years of experience in the IT industry to bear on my
> >opinions, none of which were spent wearing flip-flops and playing Star
>Trek
> >on a DARPA Unix box.  I'm not saying anything other than " . . . if the
shoe
> >fits . . .".
>
> Any more vacuous stereotypes you would like to venture on the basis of the
very
> few postings that Michael Richter has made here? Someone who has spent
time
> trying to help answer your original question.
>
> '...of utilities to assist me in one of my hobbies:..'
> The keyword here was hobby.
>

> jt

Follow-Ups: References: