[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Future of Dylan?

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 12:23:43 -0700, Scott Ribe <sribe@miqs.com> wrote:

>Andrew Cooke wrote:
>>
>> Are you aware that there is a free Dylan project (Gwydion?)?  I don't
>> know if it is active.  Are Functional Objects working on Dylan (has
>> there been any news since October or whenever they bought it)?
>
>The beta's been extended. They answer email. My guess is that they're
>really busy working on 2.0, as opposed to, say Sun or Microsoft, where
>they're really bust working on hype!

[non-relevant groups trimmed]

I recently mailed FO suggesting a Linux port of their (imo, excellent)
Dylan product. I got an email back pretty quickly from someone claiming
that they are working on a Linux port.

I think that's great news.

I like Dylan, but don't care for Windows at all. Gwydion is nice but
it's going to be a long time before it competes with FO's polish.

What I'd really like to see is a collaboration between the FO folks
doing the Linux port and the Gwydion team. Sharing parts where possible
has got to be a good thing in the long run.

Best,

Kendall Clark
--
Honesty subverts!