[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

B2B eCommerce Start-up in SF Bay Area

Everest.com is an Internet start-up intent on breaking away from the
herd. Everything about us is a little bit different. Our business model
is different, our technology is different, and our tools are different.
If you're looking for an opportunity to bang out some Java code and
then vest in peace for four years, look someplace else.

Business Model: We call ourselves Venture Technologists. Our "fund" is
our engineering talent, technology and time. We use these to seed new
B2B start-ups in the emerging infomediary space. And we take an equity
stake in the companys we help build.

Technology: We provide a framework for building infomediary Web sites.
There's no WYSIWYG GUI design tool. There's no proprietary application
server. Our Wizards are human beings, not dialog boxes. And our
collective experience with large-scale distributed systems predates
NCSA's release of Mosaic.

Tools: We choose our tools for their applicability to the task at hand,
not because they were splashed all over the magazine covers last month.
We like dynamic languages, because we work in a dynamic problem space.
And when nothing off the shelf is quite right, we're not afraid to
build our own.

Relevant experience would include *at least two* items from each of:

Languages: Common Lisp, C/C++ or Objective-C, Smalltalk, Dylan
Standards: HTTP, XML, XSL, WebDAV, MQI or other MOM

Experience with AI, logic programming techniques, or agent systems is
also a plus.

http://www.everest.com/careers

-- Kaelin Colclasure
   mailto:kaelin@everest.com