[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HARLEQUIN DYLAN and C FFI

What was the rumour about sections of Banjo-Kazooie being written in LISP? :-)

One of Dylan's earliest demos was the OpenGL animation on the cover of the
Harlequin book.

The rush to write highly-optimized games for consoles in C++ is a bit like the
rush to make houses out of fudge...

- Rob.

Brian Rogoff wrote:

> It depends on the kinds of games and the kinds of processing that your
> game programs are doing. I don't think dynamic languages can give you the
> same small memory footprint or high performance as static languages. That
> was supposed to be the point of the type declarations and sealing in
> Dylan, right?
>
> -- Brian

Follow-Ups: References: