[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How can I..

"Joe Chiao" <ikjoe@ihug.co.nz> writes:

> I want to know how to produce nicely formatted output with
> Dylan. Such as left/ right/ centre justify, control column width and
> numeric formats.  Is there anyone who can help me about this?

You can use the format(...) function but its range of formatting
capabilities is not as extensive as Lisp's FORMAT or C's printf. At
ftp://berlin.ccc.de/pub/gd/contributions/ you can find a package
called xformat-0.3 by David Lichteblau that contains an extended
format that supports most of what Lisp's FORMAT can do - including
everything you want above.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan