[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Issues with GD

Ah, great! This clarifies things a bit, but:

define functional class . . .

What exactly is the functional keyword?

define method content-size( cls == <Point> )
=>( result :: <integer> )
    4;
end method content-size;

What is the point of that? Is it intended to give the size of the
structure? If so, how is that determined? Do you just add up the byte
requirements of all items within it?

Also, what is initialize? It looks like it may be a constructor, but
from what I've read in the "First Look at Dylan" article, those aren't
present. So, what's that?

What is call-out? Does that create a call to an external function? As a
tangent, if a call-out is made, how is the other library linked in?
For example, say I write a SDL interface library in Dylan. If I
call-out to SDL functions, how do I inform the compiler that, not only
does it need to link to the Dylan SDL library, but that it should also
link to the real library in which the code lives?

Follow-Ups: References: