[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A basic question: defining modules and libraries

In article <WoWC4.9156$Of2.365840@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>, "Scott McKay"
<swm@mediaone.net> wrote:

> Neel Krishnaswami wrote in message ...
> >Andreas Bogk <andreas@andreas.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> What do you mean by 'nesting'? It is possible to combine several
> >> modules to a single module.
> >
> >I guess I mean a hierarchical namespace, kind of like the way a
> >filesystem partitions names.
>

> I'm curious as to what you would do with this.
>
> Would a name look like 'Dylan/Complex/add'.  If so, couldn't
> you just use 'prefix:' to get this effect?

I actually think that the Java namespace thing works quite well: I'm sure
everyone in the world has written a Date class, and you migth want to use
more than one of them in the sme program and they'll conflict, but there's
only one com.pobox.brucehoult.utilities.Date.

-- Bruce

Follow-Ups: References: