[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Functional Developer 2.0 is Now Available!

Dear Dylan Enthusiasts,

We are very pleased to announce the availability of Functional
Developer 2.0. Functional Developer 2.0 is now available for purchase
and downloading on http://www.functionalobjects.com. Functional
Developer is a sophisticated dynamic object-oriented software
development environment, bringing the power of the Dylan programming
language to the Windows platform.

Functional Developer 2.0 has a number of improvements over version 1.2
including development environment enhancements such as profiling, visual
source safe support, foreign keyboard support, and many editor
enhancements. See http://www.fun-o.com/news/whats-new-in-2.phtml for
a more complete list.

We have repackaged our product into a set of packages. We feel that
this design will allow users more choice and will make downloads more
manageable. Furthermore, in the future, we hope to open up our system
to 3rd parties wanting to offer their own library packs. Currently,
we offer two development environment editions: a free basic edition
and a feature-rich enhanced edition. The rest of the packages include
various libraries, documentation, and tools. For those that want to
buy a number of packs we offer a discounted combination pack.

Currently, Functional Developer products are available by downloading
only. If for some reason you are unable to download the packages you
need, contact sales@functionalobjects.com and we may be able to
negotiate a special arrangement such as a one-off CD.

All our packages come with a free evaluation license which lets you
try the product for 30 days at no charge. After the evaluation period
expires, you need to purchase a permanent license if you wish to
continue using the package. When you purchase a permanent license, we
e-mail you the license which you enter into your existing Functional
Developer installation. You do not need to download the package again.

Functional Objects is pleased to offer special upgrade prices to
owners of Harlequin Dylan 1.2 Professional and Enterprise
Editions. For details, please contact sales@functionalobjects.com.

As you might know, we have been incredibly busy working on all the
mundane details of setting up a company and getting our technology
into product form. We appreciate all your support and patience in
this process. Thanks to all who were in the 2.0 beta program. We
appreciate all your comments and bug reports. You will find that a
good many of the 2.0 beta bugs are fixed in the 2.0 release. For
those bugs that aren't quite fixed, we will offer a free service pack
to those that buy our product during April.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Bachrach
President, Functional Objects, Inc.