[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Expanding macros in FD.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Michael T. Richter wrote:
> Chris Double <chris@double.co.nz> wrote in message
> >> Is there any way to get FD to expand macros in source views?
> > ... select the macro and choose Project, Macroexpand selection.
>
> ... I get a parse error instead ...  The only way out was to terminate
> FD and fire it up again.
>
> What did I do wrong?

You found a bug? ;-)  Seriously, how about you post (and/or mail to FO's
support) a repeatable case?

One thing to check is that the "active project" (see the drop-down list in
the main window) contains the source file you were working on.  I could
imagine that macroexpansion (and a number of other operations) wouldn't
work if not (as there'd be no context to get the macro definition from),
but in that case the menu item should be disabled, and it certainly
shouldn't crash!

Another problem might be, if you've never compiled it (or haven't
recompiled it since you last changed the macro definition), it might not
work.  It might also have problems with macros from the dylan module, as
they expand to "magic".  I don't know, 'cos I've never actually played
with this feature :-\

HTH,
Hugh

Follow-Ups: References: