[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New book on Dylan?

This is what my Grahom(sic) post was about. Graham's Lisp books are
excellent, but the Dylan book has been removed from the publisher's site. I
don't know any more than that.
The Harlequin book is very good: it could present its meaterial in better
order and the layout isn't ideal, but it's packed with information and
examples.
There's good on-line material as well, which can provide a gentle
introduction before diving in to a book.
Note that the Aplle DTR doesn't have a format-out library, which the
Harlequin book uses extensively. PowerMacMindy and d2c do have a format lib.
The Harlequin site used to have a version of the book code adapted for
Mindy, I don't know what happened to it.

- Rob.

> From: Erica Mackenzie <erika@pnc.com.au>
> Subject: New book on Dylan?
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to choose a book to learn Dylan programming from,

Follow-Ups: References: