[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DUIM event queue

In article <wkaeixu6yt.fsf@double.co.nz>, Chris Double
<chris@double.co.nz> wrote:

> Dustin Voss <d_voss@uswest.net> writes:
>
> > Is there something I'm missing, or is there no function to get the
> > next event from the event queue?  How can one write an event loop
> > independently of the main event loop?
>
> I'm not sure how to do this. Can you explain a bit more what you are
> trying to do?
>
> Chris.

I was trying to figure out how to include drag&drop functionality in a
Dylan utility I'm writing.

My original idea was to simply capture the mouse using the
"with-pointer-grabbed" macro and write my own event loop inside the body
of the macro to handle the drag operation...that's how I would do it in
C.

I've since determined that a monitoring thread might better suit.  So
I'm left with just curiosity.

I've posted a message about my drag&drop efforts, but it hasn't shown up
yet.  I'll give it 'til tomorrow and post again.  I'm interested in
feedback.

-- Dustin