[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Browser gadget sugguestions for a DUIM app

Hi,

I would like to use Functional Developer to develop an application that
has embedded in its graphical user interface a control (gadget, widget
or whatever you want to call it) similar to a web browser.  I don't feel
like writing my own data browser, and I would rather use a pre-existing
one.

I am looking for some suggestions as to what I can use.  Does anything
like this exist?  Would it be possible to use it in a DUIM app?  I don't
know much about Windows programming.

I would like to see support for the following:
Styled and colored text
Embedded tables
Embedded icons
The ablility to select all text in in the control (like one can do in
most web browser windows)
The ablility to scroll the page to a particular bookmark programatically
The ability to set menu items in pop-up menus corresponding to items in
the control (I guess these would issue callbacks so my main app could do
some function based on the menu selection)

The format of the formatting/markup language is not important... html,
xml, something else, or through an API.

thanks in advance for any tips!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.