[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Thanks for your reply Bruce

On Tue, 2 May 2000 07:45:03 -0400 (EDT), Hugh Greene <q@tardis.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Please I am not trying to be rude its just ignorance on my part, why can
> > we not use SWIG to generate interfaces or something similar
> > automatically ? ...
>
> No rudeness inferred, don't worry :-)  I confess I also know very little
> about SWIG; but that may be something else you and others can persuade us
> Dylan developers to devote our efforts to.

Hi Hugh,

SWIG ( www.swig.org or http://www.cs.utah.edu/~beazley/SWIG/swig.html both
unavailable as I write ) is an tool inventing by some scientific programming
types at the University of Utah for glueing compiled C/C++/FORTRAN? libraries
to scripting languages like TCL/Python/Perl/Guile etc.

Basically it parses (annotated) C/C++ header files and produces glue for a
variety of scripting languages.

In theory SWIG could be told about Dylan's C-FFI. I don't know what it does
with C++ and OO scripting languages like Python.

__Jason

MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. For further information visit-
http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp

Follow-Ups: References: