[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Casual pidgin hacking

Nolan Darilek wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about how this works with pointers, though. I
> understand that int * is <C-int*>; does that also hold true in the FFI
> description, allowing you to use C-int*? Or is there more to it than
> that?

How do you mean in the FFI description? In the Dylan file or in the
generated C code?

> I also have one final question about FFI. Was there an implementation
> of the C-FFI library in the old 1.2 Harlequi distribution? If so, is
> it available under an open license?

FFi support requires compiler internals, which fall under trade
secrets/competitive advantage. Examples of FFI code shouldn't, so if
there aren't any in the Fun-Dev sources, maybe you could ask Functional
Objects.

- Rob.

--
Rob Myers  -  robm@tdv.com         The Digital Village  -  www.tdv.com
MacOS wonderfulness for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Game.