[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Crash course on macros?

I understand classes. I understand functions and methods, modules and
libraries . . .

I don't understand macros, however. I understand the different types,
and what they are intended to do in principle, but I don't understand
the syntax within the body. Specifically, the ?variables, the
?:variables, the ?:variables*, etc. :) I can guess at a few of the
constructs since I have a passing familiarity with regexps, but I'm
still clueless, even after studying the DRM and its examples.

So, would anyone mind tossing out a quick & dirty post on macros?
That'd be extremely helpful for me, since this seems to be my main
stumbling block and frustration with Dylan. The tutorial materials
which I've found have done a great job at teaching me most of the
basics.

Thanks.