[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C++ integration, again. I found another language besides Eiffel

"Kaelin Colclasure" <kaelin@arslogica.com> writes:

> ILOG had a Lisp called ILOG Talk which advertised interoperability with C++
> classes. It looked like a promising product. It was, I believe, based on the
> evolving EuLisp standard rather than Common Lisp.

Here are some links on C++/other language integration that Harley
Davis (ex ILOG?) provided me in a discussion on C++ and lisp
integration on comp.lang.lisp last year. They might prove relevant for
anyone wanting to do something similar with Dylan:

http://info.acm.org/pubs/citations/proceedings/lfp/182409/p121-davis/
http://www.performance-computing.com/unixreview/backissu/9707/9707f1.htm
http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/public/packages/javarc/dev/misc/c++java/

And a link that Jon Dyte provided me on ILOG/C++ integration:

ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/PostScript/Talk/

Where he also says in an email:

  "The ilog talk c++ binding method preprocesses the header file using
   gcc (or whatever) and then calls a c++ program (called cppparse in
   distrib) to parse that output. That program then outputs some very
   lispy forms representing the C++ classes methods enums etc etc
   which are then expanded and compiled to produce the binding by the
   talk environment. the talk code generates some very complex C code
   which is then compiled with the local compiler (sound familiar?)
   and made into object files and shared libs."

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan

Follow-Ups: References: