[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Results: finished teaching one Dylan course

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Scott McKay wrote:
> dauclair@hotmail.com wrote in message <8gfqnv$mvj$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >"A New Approach to Object Oriented Programming" course finished May 10,
> >2000 at the Northern Virginia Community College, U.S.A. with excellent
> >reviews from the students.
>
> So what was their reaction to Dylan?  Presumably these were
> people motivated to try something new and different?  Is there
> anything you learned that might persuade less motivated people
> to rethink their ideas about O-O programming?

And while we're asking questions, is there any possibility of seeing the
results of their final projects?  I'd be interested to see what good and
bad bits of Dylan design and style they came up with (bearing in mind the
goals of your course, e.g., functional programming), what they found easy
and hard to understand, any language gotchas they hit etc.  I realise you
and/or they might want to keep these copyright or whatever but I thought I
might as well ask :-)

Hugh