[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Harlequin 1.2 still available?

Hugh Greene <q@tardis.ed.ac.uk> writes:

> separate /source record/.  The Dylan language design allows for what we
> would think of as "source files" actually just being views into a
> database.  FunDev's "composite buffers" produced by commands like "Edit
> Methods" give you a taste of how this would work.

Apple Dylan actually did store all of the code in a database. There
were no source files, just database views.

> >   Ahhh, Link-n-Go, the mysterious vanishing feature.  Cool, I didn't know
> > the Dylan systems offered this.
> I think only FunDev does just now (i.e., not Mindy or Gwydion's d2c --
> dunno about the fabled Apple Dylan tech. release).  BTW, I think in 2.0

Apple Dylan had it all. Oh, how I hate them for terminating the
project just when the result was finally in reach.

Andreas

--
"Anyone need a DVD decrypter for Linux?
dig @138.195.138.195 goret.org. axfr | grep '^c..\..*A' | sort \
| cut -b5-36 | perl -e 'while(<>){print pack("H32",$_)}' | gzip -d"
  -- James Brister

Follow-Ups: References: