[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DUIM clipboard

In article <PKV15.50070$Ft1.2776914@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>, "Scott
McKay" <swm@mediaone.net> wrote:

> Dustin Voss wrote in message <8i8vbc$jd2$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Has anyone had any difficulty using <clipboard> with FD 2?  When I call
> >
> >get-clipboard-data-as (<my-class>, clipboard)
> >
> >I get an error "unrecognized clipboard format".  It looks like the
> >source code is wired to return an error automatically.  I'm thinking I
> >should use <win32-clipboard> if there is one, but that means abandoning
> >or rewriting the with-clipboard macro.
> >
> >This is probably one of those undocumented gotchas that seem to pervade
> >DUIM :( .
> >

> If there are undocumented gotchas, you're sending bug reports, right?
> If you think they are going to a black hole, send them directly to me
> (swm@functionalobjects.com) and I'll at least ignore them at my peril.
>
> As for this exact problem, the clipboard support in DUIM for anything
> except for basic string types is pretty thin.  Did you do anything to make
> objects of <your-class> recognized by the Win32 clipboard?

No, I didn't.  After looking at the MSDN docs, I see two ways
app-private data can be place in the clipboard: using a private format
(CF_PRIVATEFIRST) or a faux-GDI format (CB_GDIOBJFIRST).  I guess I
should use the private format.  So, I should call a Win32 function to
register the format?  Do I need to do anything to handle the
WM_DESTROYCLIPBOARD message?

Finally, where can I find the bugs, technotes, and workarounds that
people find -- aside from this newsgroup?

Thanks!

Follow-Ups: References: