[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DUIM question

The class <table-layout> is the way to do this. Try the following in
the Dylan Playground:

  contain(make(<table-layout>,
               children: vector(make(<label>, label: "Short"),
                                make(<text-field>),
                                make(<label>, label: "Much longer"),
                                make(<text-field>)),
               columns: 2,
               x-spacing: 2, y-spacing: 5,
               x-alignment: #[#"right", #"left"]));

The DUIM GUI test suite has a number of examples of this, try
the 'Borders' example for starters, in:

  [FD]\examples\duim\duim-gui-test-suite\borders.dylan

Hope this helps,

Andy

---
Andy Armstrong
andrewa@functionalobjects.com

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 01:15:05
 John Whittaker wrote:
>What would be the simplest way to make a dialog with a series of text fields
>in a column, each with a text label to its left.  I would like all of the
>text fields to align with each other.  I've experimented with many of the
>keyword options to <row-layout>, but they don't seem to help (e.g.,
>equalize-widths: , x-ratios:, ratios:).   The only thing I can come up with
>so far is to experiment with x-spacing: until the columns line up correctly
>as in the code below:
>

>define frame <thread-frame> (<dialog-frame>)
>   pane latitude-pane  (frame)
>    make(<text-field>, label: "Latitude:",
>                              width: 30, fixed-width?: #t,
>                             activate-callback: not-yet-implemented);
>
>  pane longitude-pane  (frame)
>    make(<text-field>, label: "Longitude:",
>                              width: 30, fixed-width?: #t,
>                             activate-callback: not-yet-implemented);
>
>  pane data-layout (frame)
>        vertically(  )
>          horizontally(  )
>             make( <label>, label: "Longitude");
>             frame.longitude-pane;
>          end;
>          horizontally(x-spacing: 10)
>             make( <label>, label: "Latitude");
>             frame.latitude-pane;
>          end;
>        end;  // vertically ()
>

>  layout (frame) frame.data-layout;
>  keyword title: = "KLN 94 RS 232 Info";
>end frame <thread-frame>;
>

>Thanks in advance for any help.

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct