[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DUIM question

Cool.  Thanks.  That should do the trick.  I didn't know about

Another ignorant question about DUIM:
I tried calling contain( make( <my-pane>)) in the playground with the
pane defined below, but it
didn't do what I expected--make a label and show it.  I'm guessing it
has something to do with display functions and setting up ports, etc.  I
get lost trying to follow it all.  Would I need to define a frame for
it?  I was trying to get to the point where I could experiment with
changing the font/size/style in the label.  Is that possible?

define pane <my-pane> ( )
   pane the-text (pane)
    make( <label> , label: "hello" );
   pane the-layout (pane)
    make( <fixed-layout> , children: pane.the-text );
end pane;

In article <MNDJDGFDAHDICAAA@mailcity.com>,
  andy.armstrong@mailcity.com wrote:
> The class <table-layout> is the way to do this. Try the following in
> the Dylan Playground:
>
>   contain(make(<table-layout>,
>                children: vector(make(<label>, label: "Short"),
>                                 make(<text-field>),
>                                 make(<label>, label: "Much longer"),
>                                 make(<text-field>)),
>                columns: 2,