[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C# is not Dylan (was: Re: C# : The new language from M$)

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Carl L. Gay would say:
>Erik Naggum wrote:
>>
>> * "Scott McKay" <swm@mediaone.net>
>> | If infix syntax was not what you expected, please alter your expectations.
>>
>>   Oh, please.
>>
>> | Translation: I implemented Lisp and Lisp environments for 12 years.
>> | I worked on Dylan for 5 years.  I'm back to using Lisp again.  Guess
>> | what?  I like Dylan better, syntax and all.
>>
>>   Yeah, we need more personal testimonials.
>>
>>   My point was that the decision to drop the Lisp-like syntax was
>>   pretty darn stupid considering it was a selling point towards a
>>   community that was told "you fine people don't matter, anymore".
>
>It's pointless to spend any effort selling to 1% of the market.
>Reality sucks.

Ah, but when you're trying to sell _Dylan_, when it has _no_ market,
having a community of Lisp adopters might have been a Good Thing, and
might well have represented a lot more than 1% of the market _for
Dylan_.
--
cbbrowne@hex.net - <http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/lisp.html>
I'M SORRY, LUSER, I CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT.  WHY DON'T YOU LIE DOWN AND TAKE

Follow-Ups: References: