[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C# is not Dylan (was: Re: C# : The new language from M$)

Erik Naggum wrote in message <3171498017446243@naggum.net>...

I've trimmed all of Erik's lame attempts to hurl insults at to spare
everyone the trouble of re-reading them.  Since Erik's return mail
address appears not to work, it's not actually possible to address
any of this in private.

>| Well, except from you, who evidently could not care less for the
>| genuine effort spent making Dylan's infix syntax reasonable.
>
>  So you really are _personally_ offended, now, huh?  Geez, get over
>  yourself.  If you can't deal with negative comments on your work in
>  public, it would be a good thing for you to try to avoid defending
>  _yourself_.  But why spend so much _genuine effort_ at something
>  that you claim is _trivial_ towards those who _don't_ like it?  Just
>  how do you propose that I reconcile your clear disdain for syntaxes
>  (other than your own) with that whining about respecting your work?

For the record, I had no part in designing Dylan's infix syntax.  It was
a fait accompli by the time I started doing any work on Dylan.  I should
have thought that my comment earlier in this discussion about how I
was surprised to discover that I liked the infix syntax would have clued
people in to that fact.  So I don't take any personal offense at all.

Follow-Ups: References: