[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C# is not Dylan (was: Re: C# : The new language from M$)

rurban@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at (Reini Urban) writes:

> Simon Brooke wrote:
> >Well, then, look again. LISP syntax results from the fact that LISP as
> >printed is a very nearly direct representation of the structures that
> >are created in the machine as it is read.
>
> are you mixing assembler with lisp here?
> a lisp (READ) is a much more complicated then a C read().
> a lisp (PRINT) is much more complicated then a C write().

You're both right.  He said "read", not "compiled".

I definitely think it's a win that we have a standard list-based form
(pun, uh, intended) on which the macro system operates.

-dan

--
  http://ww.telent.net/cliki/ - CLiki: CL/Unix free software link farm