[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

updating an icon label in DUIM

How would you go about updating a <label> gadget in DUIM to display a
different icon.  It is initialized with one icon value in a frame
definition.  I would like to change it to another icon whenever a
request-to-send is asserted on a COM port.  I had code like this:

define method update-transmit-status( the-frame :: <xpress-232-frame>,
on-off :: <symbol> )
   if (on-off == #"on" )
       gadget-label-setter( $transmitting-icon, transmit-pane(the-frame)
);
   else
       gadget-label-setter( $not-transmitting-icon,
the-frame.transmit-pane );
   end if;
   update-gadget( transmit-pane( the-frame ) );
end method update-transmit-status;

However, it doesn't work.  I certainly can believe that since it appears
that the method for update-gadget on a <gadget> simply returns false.
If update-gadget isn't the way, what is?

Thanks for any help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.