[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: updating an icon label in DUIM

I'd be suprised if that did it, update-gadget is used to force a
gadget to update itself because of data changes, not to cause
a redisplay. The most common example is to refresh a tree control
by recomputing all of its children functions.

So I think this must be a bug/oversight. I'll look into fixing it.

Andy

---
Andy Armstrong
andrewa@functionalobjects.com

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:00:03
 Scott McKay wrote:
>Try calling 'update-gadget' on the gadget and see what happens.
>
>oodl@my-deja.com wrote in message <8kj0he$boq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>>In article <51Ra5.52351$NP5.1660114@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
>>  "John Whittaker" <johncwhi@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> Well,  I don't think text was a problem for me.  It was icons.
>>
>>I tested, and you're right:  Text labels are updated okay, but icons
>>labels are not.
>>
>>If anyone else wants to play around with this, you can open the the
>>win32-duim-gui-test-suite project, and insert this line into the
>>frame-draw-icons method.
>>
>>  frame.%label-pane.gadget-label := $paste-icon;
>>
>>When you choose File->Draw Icons when the app is running, I would
>>expect that the wizard icon should be updated, but it doesn't get
>>updated.  Is this a bug?
>>

>>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>>Before you buy.

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct