[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FFI question #2: Getting the address of a C function

In article <3978BCC5.AED0DC35@cup.hp.com>,
  egouriou@cup.hp.com wrote:

> oodl@my-deja.com wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm trying to fill in a C struct with C function pointers.  I want
to do
> > something like:
> >
> >   callbacks.function-1 := address-of-c-function("foo");
>
>  This function cannot exist since such functionality is not part
> of the C runtime.

It doesn't have to be a part of the C runtime.  The argument
specifying the function name is a string constant (in this case "foo").
I think the address of the C function can be resolved before the Dylan
program starts executing.

My hunch is that the FFI has the functionality I am describing, but it
is not documented.  But I could very well be wrong.  What does the
"define c-function" macro expand to?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Follow-Ups: References: