[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: FFI question #2: Getting the address of a C function

At Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:45:02 -0400 (EDT), oodl@my-deja.com wrote:
> My hunch is that the FFI has the functionality I am describing, but it
> is not documented.  But I could very well be wrong.  What does the
> "define c-function" macro expand to?

C-function-definer can't be defined as an ordinary macro, and is
probably a magic hook into the compiler's innards.

In Gwydion Dylan, what you want to do would be possible using
c-expr("&foo"), mainly because we're compiling via C.  Without knowing
what the FD compiler's hooks are, there is no way to know whether it's
possible or not there.

-Peter-   housel@acm.org   http://members.home.com/housel/