[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Small Realtime Library Available

Chris Double has been kind enough to lend me space on his website to post a
small soft-realtime support library for Dylan.

The library provides a way of creating time-based notifications that run in
their own thread and a macro that allows a body of code to be wrapped in a
while-loop that waits for the notification.  This allows simple time based
things to be scheduled.

Also included is a scheduler that supports any number of "task queue". Each
"task queue" is named and has a rate. It can have a number of "task queue
entries" in it. A "task queue entry" can be configured to run in the
scheduler's thread, or spawn it's own thread each invocation. A scheduler
browser is included that allows you to see each queue, entries in the queue
and status of the entry.

The entire library is only about 800 lines of code (I love Dylan!),
including lots of commented examples. The scheduler was written to be just
"good enough" for what I was working on at the time. I can image some of the
Dylan gurus adding some interesting functionality.

I would enjoy any comments on the library and its use that this group would
care to share.

Thanks,

Ron Franke-Polz