[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan (DYnamic LANguage) -- what's the deal?

In article <398EDB97.42126B13@dial.pipex.com>,
  jt <gkt37@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> I actually thought you were joking for a moment. But the more I think
> about it, the more horribly accurate it seems. Doesn't seem at all
funny
> now.

Intentional lock-in are in fact the basis of the finding against
Microsoft; the judge considered in detail how MS practices
were aimed at such lock-in, and how such actions are
anti-competitive and not in the customers' interests.

> Peter da Silva wrote:
> >
> > It has to be difficult to interoperate with, while providing the
hooks
> > needed for application programs via a sufficiently complex API such
that
> > programs written for it are inherently non-portable. If this makes
it
> > hard to replace the first implementation with an improved one that
is
> > an acceptable cost... application and environment lock-in are the
only
> > critical requirements.
> >

> > --
> >  `-_-'   In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva.
> >   'U`    "Ar rug tú barróg ar do mhactíre inniu?"
> >
> >          Disclaimer: Matthew 10:16.
>
> BTW, my Gaelic is a bit rusty. What does this mean?

<J Q B>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.