[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ICFP Contest

In case someone does not yet know, I want to herald that the Gwydion Dylan
team
(aka Dylan Hackers) successfully submitted an entry for the
The Third Annual ICFP Programming Contest(*).

The members were
Jeff Dubrule, Andreas Bogk, the initiator: Bruce Hoult and myself.

It was a highly dramatic finale and our email arrived at Cornell literally
last minute, while Bruce from down under was uploading the 600kB compressed
binary to the Gwydion server in Berlin. The md5checksum failed therefore.
We were informed that our entry was rejected. Our faces went gray. Luckily
a couple minutes later the organizers urged us to retry the email
submission. This time it worked. Andreas will make the binaries available
on the server.

Our impression is that we will perform rather well ;-)

You can browse the sources at
http://www.ccc.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ICFP2000/

Good night, we all need sleep now...

	Gabor