[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using Dylan for a Commercial Server

Mike Roberts <zoarre@bigfoot.com> writes:

> My manager and I would like to use Dylan to develop our world server.

What world will it be serving?

> We've looked at C/C++, Smalltalk, and Eiffel also, and found Dylan to
> be most attractive. Has anyone else used Dylan in a for a similar
> purpose? Any anecdotes or evidence that Dylan would benefit us would be
> greatly appreciated.

Well, Dylan has been used for several large projects. The best known
ones are the two available Dylan compilers, both are written in
Dylan. Another larger commercial Dylan project involved a Postscript
interpreter, they used Gwydion Dylan for that.

Dylan will probably beat Smalltalk in terms of performance, and C/C++
in terms of usability.

> Also, we're having difficulty contacting Functional Objects by
> telephone or through email. Does anyone have any advice for getting in
> contact with them?

I got a mail from them last week, so they're still around. I'd expect
them to answer your mail soon.

Andreas

Follow-Ups: References: