[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using Dylan for a Commercial Server

In article <871yvilrqf.fsf@teonanacatl.andreas.org>,
  Andreas Bogk <andreas@andreas.org> wrote:
> Mike Roberts <zoarre@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> > My manager and I would like to use Dylan to develop our world
server.

> What world will it be serving?

:)

We are developing a same similar to Ultima Online or Everquest. The
server manages the state of the enviornment that different players
interact in.

I think that it's a waste to spend the extra time adding to C++ an
approximation of the features already in a language such as Eiffel,
Smalltalk, or Dylan.

> > Also, we're having difficulty contacting Functional Objects by
> > telephone or through email. Does anyone have any advice for getting
in
> > contact with them?
>
> I got a mail from them last week, so they're still around. I'd expect
> them to answer your mail soon.

Jonathan Bachrach contacted us this morning through email this morning.
I'm excited.

--
Mike Roberts
Developer, Artifact Entertainment