[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [FD] Multiple Modules & Windows Me

> Chris Double writes
> The multiple module thing is strange. I have FD installed on Windows
> 98 and it works fine. Do you have the Service Pack installed?

Yes, on Windows Me, and No, on Win95.  Have the same problem on both
computers.

> Actually, now that you mention it, I did have a problem similar to
> this. I added an extra module and everything stopped compiling. I
> removed it and things were fine.

Same here.  Multiple-modules => program crashes; everything in one
module => program works fine.

When I ported the multiple module version over to Gwydion Dylan (by
changing the word "functional-dylan" to "common-dylan" in the library
and module files), it worked fine.

> BTW, John Whittaker has had problems running FD on Windows ME - have
> you had any luck? Apparently he contacted FO and the response was
> that it was an unsupported platform and that was it...

Same response from Fun-o, but my Windows Me FD 2.0.1 works fine (so
long as the program is only one module ... argh!) -- even better than
FD 2.0 because some annoyances (not being able to scroll right) have
gone away.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair

Sent via Deja.com