[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Norvig's Dylan review [was: Dylan in the press?]

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:45:01 -0500 (EST), Rob Myers <robm@h2g2.com> wrote:

> I got hold of a copy of Software Developer from Borders today. Dylan is
> on the cover of the magazine in the article description, and in the
> illustration if you look very carefully: at the top of the wheel, behind
> the "p" of "Software Developer".
>
> The review is very positive about Functional Developer and Dylan in
> general. Norvig finishes reviewing Fun-Dev by saying:
>
> "The idea behind Dylan - to offer a range of dynamism appropriate to
> each piece of an application - feels right, and after using Dylan you
> will become frustrated with C++ and Java. This IDE is powerful enough to
> give you a taste of Dylan and to develop professional products."

Did Peter mention the cool things that non-Lispers might not have seen
before like:

(0) the interactor, with smart output which lets you operate on it; or

(1) the editor, with virtual files containing all the methods for a
particular generic function so you can edit them as if they were together.

?

__Jason

Follow-Ups: References: