[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Objective C bridge

On 3/9/01 9:26 AM, the artist formerly known as Michael Tsai, (mjt@mit.edu),
issued a press release stating:

> On 3/9/01 at 8:13 AM, Raffael Cavallaro <raffael@mediaone.net> wrote:
>
>>> but I don't even know if my old SCSI/ADB/serial PowerBook G3 is
>>> supported.
>> Which is really sleazy of Apple, since they explicitly promised that
>> these machines (PowerBook G3 series, a.k.a. Wall Street) _would_ work
>> with MacOS X. Now they say they won't be supported.
> Where are they saying that?

Their press release stating that MacOS X has gone Gold Master:

<http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/03-0
7-2001/0001442582&EDATE=>

In other words, today's press release about the March 24th release suggests
that the Wall Street PowerBooks will _not_ be supported. Either that, or
Apple made an error in their press release.

Personally, I could believe that it is _not_ an error, because the
WallStreet PowerBooks are ADB/SCSI machines, and Apple may have been
focusing on getting USB and FireWire to work properly.
--

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
raffael@mediaone.net

Follow-Ups: References: