[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Objective C bridge

On 3/9/01 1:45 PM, the artist formerly known as Bruce Hoult,
(bruce@hoult.org), issued a press release stating:

> I bought this PowerBook in November 1998, but the model was introduced
> at or around WWDC in May 1998.
>

> I'm sure it will be supported *eventually*, and I expect the 8500 will
> be too.  But in the meantime I get to wait...

Funny coincidence...
As a member of the ADC, I just received the Final Candidate of MacOS X by
FedEx (essentially the same as the Gold Master which just when to
manufacturing according to the accompanying letter).

I've just finished installing it on my May 1998 WallStreet PowerBook, and
I'm writing this email from MacOS X (inside of Classic, no less).

So it looks like the press release was in error - MacOS X appears to support
the May 1998 WallStreet PowerBooks.

--

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
raffael@mediaone.net