[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Good book on Dylan?

On Sunday, April 1, 2001, at 05:45 PM, Mark Jordan wrote:

> I'm sure there would be many C++ programmers like me
> who would switch at the drop of a hat if they could find
> something better than C++.

You'd think so, but to managers, vendor support means a lot, and right
now, Dylan is looking like a language which may go away (commercially)
at any time due to lack of mindshare/marketshare/etc. Of course that
leaves Gwydion, but how many managers would rather go with a
work-in-progress open source project compiler than, say, Microsoft
DevStudio or some big name, big money commercial IDE/compiler?

In other words, the herd mentality works against Dylan, despite its
objective superiority as a language.

Raf