[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are there any .NET possibilities/implications for Dylan/Functional Developer?

Is Dylan still alive?  It seems that a lot of the sites I go to have a
ton of dead links and a lot of places haven't been updated at all this
year.  I'm just curious.  I've been looking around for a new
programming language and since it will be mostly a hobby and not a
career, I'm not too terribly tied down to using a more traditional
language like C++.  However, I don't want to adopt something and be
left with a dusty bin of old and forgotten technology.

any comments? anyone?

On 18 Jun 2001 17:22:35 -0700, shepherdofchaos@cs.com (Levi Conley)
wrote:

>Dylan newbie here.  I've looked at a lot of languages lately, and it
>looks to me like Dylan has pegged just about everything perfectly.
>Even with my small amount of experience to date, it is very easy to
>see that Dylan is far more powerful than Java/C++/Python/Perl etc.
>
>I was just wondering if anyone would like to share there opinions
>about how well Dylan/Functional Developer will scale/adjust if
>Microsoft succeeds in foisting there .net web applications viewpoint
>down every one's throat.  Does it seem feasible that Functional
>Objects would produce an IL compiler for the Dylan environment?

Follow-Ups: References: