[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are there any .NET possibilities/implications for Dylan/Functional Developer?

Israel@lith.com (Israel) writes:

> Is Dylan still alive?  It seems that a lot of the sites I go to have a
> ton of dead links and a lot of places haven't been updated at all this
> year.  I'm just curious.  I've been looking around for a new
> programming language and since it will be mostly a hobby and not a
> career, I'm not too terribly tied down to using a more traditional
> language like C++.  However, I don't want to adopt something and be
> left with a dusty bin of old and forgotten technology.
>
> any comments? anyone?

Dylan is a cool language but unfortunately it seems very unlikely to be widely
used in the future.

You also might want to consider taking a look at the Curl language at
www.curl.com, and yes, I am biased ;-)

- Christopher

Follow-Ups: References: