[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Help getting FD up and running

Hi all:

I downloaded the eval copy of FD pro and am trying to get it running
on my PowerMac G4 (dual processor 450 MHz :-) using  virtualPC/win98
on MacOS 9 (later MacOSX once VirtualPC ports).

I figured since I haven't bought a personal copy *yet*, I would ask
the group. first.

First I installed FD pro.  It opens with the 'enhanced' version splash
window while it finishes opening.  That's strange.

Then when I try to  open a file or something, I get one sometimes two
dialog boxes, depneding on what is opened.

The first to open (titled 'Fdide') says:

    "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
down.  If the problem persists, contact...."

Under certain conditions I'll get a second (Titled: C:PROGRAM
FILES\FUNCTIONAL OBJECTS\FUNCTIONAL DEVELOPER\BIN\FDIDE.EXE") opens up
immediately after and reads:

"Unhanded Dylan error:
 No applicable method applying{<sealed-generic-function>:
has-instances?} to
 {<simple-object-vector>: {<class>: <integer>},{<mm-wrapper>},
 {<subjective-class-universe>}}.

 Do you want to quit?
 ..."

Clicking this of course still leaves you with the Fdide crash... So I
can't get to square one.

I know that many are running FD on VirtualPC.  So whats am I doing
wrong?  If you don't know exactly, any ideas to try... I've exahsted
many possibilites.

Oh, BTW, I hope to start a new job where I can code the major app in
Dylan :-)  I insisted on using Dylan over other languages like c++).
I've had wonderful success with Dylan in a Commercial setting, and
have references to back me.  So I'm leveraging these to the max.  I
would eventually like to get a real Commercial Dylan develoment
Team... the first?

Well, we can dream.

Thanks,

Les