[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Functional Developer UNICODE support + source?

"Mark Jordan" <Mark_Jordan@nospam.btinternet.com> writes:

> Just wondering if anyone knows whether the next version of FD will
> have real UNICODE support?  (will there be a next version?)  IMO
> it's basically crippled for serious development work as it is at the
> moment.

That would be 'serious development that requires unicode' I guess. I
use it for non-unicode serious development without difficulty.

> Also half the source seems to be missing so I can't create my own
> CFFI win32 libraries automatically like they do, or look into the
> various libraries for examples.  Does anyone know if all the source
> is available, not just bits of it?

I don't think they include the .h -> .dylan c-ffi generator. You could
perhaps look at pidgin from Gwydion Dylan which was written to perform
this purpose. Don't know what stage it is at though.

What particular libraries were you looking for the source for? There's
quite a bit in there but not everything as you note.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan