[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Functional Developer UNICODE support + source?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:48:51 -0700, "Mark Jordan"
<Mark_Jordan@nospam.btinternet.com> wrote:
>I'd ask for the rules, but the complex job of writing Dylan CFFI's and
>no unicode has put me off using Dylan at all. What I really need is
>a CPPFFI to interface to existing C++ class libraries.  Any ideas on
>how this might be done?

We're definitely aware that the lack of unicode is a big hole that's
high priority to fix.  As is C++ support -- the recommended approach
is to use COM.  It's not ideal, but direct C++ interoperability is
really an impossible problem for any language that's not C.

Gail Zacharias
gz -at- functionalobjects.com

Follow-Ups: References: