[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Functional Developer UNICODE support + source?

"Jason Trenouth" <jason.trenouth@globalgraphics.com> wrote in message
s5cqlt8m9acjkpqb3na979g20vdgami68j@4ax.com">news:s5cqlt8m9acjkpqb3na979g20vdgami68j@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:00:05 -0400 (EDT), "Mark Jordan"
> <Mark_Jordan@nospam.btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Just wondering if anyone knows whether the next version of FD
> > will have real UNICODE support?  (will there be a next version?)
> > IMO it's basically crippled for serious development work as it
> > is at the moment.
> >
> > Also half the source seems to be missing so I can't create my own
> > CFFI win32 libraries automatically like they do, or look into the
> > various libraries for examples.  Does anyone know if all the source
> > is available, not just bits of it?
>
> The FFI builder that Fun'O use is a bit of a kludge. It is a glorified
> pattern matcher (written by David Gray) which is cajoled by impenetrable
> runes to perform its tasks. Rather than release, and support this kludge I
> think the plan is to develop or encourage the development of a proper
> parsing tool.

Hi Jason,
Aaaahhh, so it uses good old Gemma. I use it and don't find the
rules to be that difficult. I wrote a assembly language translator
for x86 to MSP430 micro using it for Borland C++.

I'd ask for the rules, but the complex job of writing Dylan CFFI's and
no unicode has put me off using Dylan at all. What I really need is
a CPPFFI to interface to existing C++ class libraries.  Any ideas on
how this might be done?

> Many of the libraries are open source (even the editor), but key components
> like the compiler and IDE are currently close source.

I couldn't see the source anywhere for the math library. I don't care
what licence you have, I just wanted to look inside to see how
things work to get a better understanding of things when the docs
let me down.

Cheers,
Mark Jordan.

Follow-Ups: References: