[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Multiple dispatch / multimethods??

On Wednesday, July 25, 2001, at 12:30  am, Scott McKay wrote:

> I'm not trying to bait anyone here, but isn't it actually quite
> difficult to interface to C++ from Java?  I don't know the
> answer to this; please forgive my ignorance.

Yes. JDirect, or Apple's stuff for calling Objective-C code, all require
runtime system magic.

> It's actually quite easy to interface to COM with FunO's
> Dylan.  I am under the impression that many important
> C++ libraries can be easily accessed via COM.  Of
> course, I could be wrong about this, too.

Fun-Dev's COM and CORBA support is a world class solution for
interfacing to existing code. SWIG comes up on the list every few
months, but nobody ever tackles it. :-)

> The lack of Unicode support in FD needs to be addressed,
> that much is certain.

I think GD has some Unicode support.

- Rob.

--
Dylan(tm) - The Object-Oriented, Dynamic Language.
http://www.gwydiondylan.org/