[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[Bruce Hoult <bruce@hoult.org>] The ICFP contest countdown commences

-- BEGIN included message

It's now 14 hours until the ICFP contest starts at 1500 UTC.  Let's
all meet on the irc.openprojects.net #dylan channel beforehand and
see what we're up against.  If you don't know how to use IRC better
ask...

I've checked in some files to get us started in gd/examples/ICFP2001.

If you already have the GD source checked out then do a "cvs update
-d" in the gd/examples directory.

If you don't want to have the entire compiler sources checked out (or
if you want to keep this in a different place), you can just do:

    cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@berlin.ccc.de:/home/cvsroot co gd/examples/ICFP2001

Of course you should use your own login instead of "anoncvs" :-)  If
you don't have one and you want to help then let Andreas know, or be
prepared to send diffs to someone -- I'm not sure who the best person
for that would be but I hope it's not me :-)  I know at least one or
two people here expressed an interest in helping but perhaps not with
the actual programming.  Applying and testing and checking in patches
would be a good use of that person...

In case it's not clear ... this is intended to be a Dylan entry, not
just a Gwydion entry.  So any of you Functional-Objects people
listening in -- you know who you are and so do we, pretty much :-) --
are more than welcome to join in.

-- Bruce

-- END included message

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."