[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Q]Why are all classes rooted by <object>

Eric Gouriou wrote:

[snip]
>   define generic \= (obj1, obj2) => (equal? :: <boolean>);
>   (here <object> is only used implicitly, but it is still used)

Oh, I was quite unclear about how generics could be defined then.  I
thought Obj1 and Obj2 could be required to be of the same (unknown)
concrete type.  You're indicating otherwise (that it is ok to compare
<apple>'s and <orange>'s).  If that is the case I apologize for asking the
question, and withdraw my question about why the type system has the common
root.

Follow-Ups: References: