[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are there any .NET possibilities/implications for Dylan/Functional Developer?

On Wednesday, August 1, 2001, at 06:15 PM, Bruce Hoult wrote:

> > Basically Apple had to cut their research cost and closed town their
> > east coast research lab. The term that was used back then was
> > "steved", if I remember correctly.
>
> Well, it predated Steve's return.  I think it was "Gil'd".
>
> -- Bruce

Actually, Apple's CEO at the time was Spindler (who was replaced by
Amelio, who was ousted by Job's return). However, the term "Steved" has
been in use at Apple since the early days - it's just enjoying a
renewed vogue since Jobs's return.

Raf