[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MIME for Dylan sourcecode?

Eric Kidd <eric.kidd@pobox.com> writes:

> If you decide not to store code in text files, your users will want you to
> replace all of these tools.  And unfortunately, you *can't* replace all of
> them, because many of them were developed in-house and perform arcane
> tasks.

Exactly.  But after having played with systems that do store their
code in a database (Apple Dylan, Squeak/Smalltalk, LambdaMOO) I
appreciate the convenience this gives.

So it would be nice if the IDE could hide the fact that it stores in
files if I wish.

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."