[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Promoting Dylan...

On Monday, September 10, 2001, at 08:45  pm, Mark Jordan wrote:
> Yeah, you have to laugh ;-) Greatest strength indeed.
> I guess he's saying he has complete control,

The irony, this being C++, is that you haven't. You have the illusory
empowerment of thinking you've mastered a complex and obfuscated syntax
and set of libraries until you  waste half a day on a non-virtual
destructor.
You have namespace pollution, mangled names and the exception/RTTI
overhead. Dynamic language users know how their GC works and can program
for it.

- Rob.

--
"The idea behind Dylan—to offer a range of dynamism appropriate to each
piece of an application—feels right, and after using Dylan you will